Iowa-Northwestern soccer sport set for Wrigley in November
Wrigley Field will host a university soccer sport for the third time since 2010 when Iowa performs Northwestern subsequent season.
Northwestern and the Chicago Cubs introduced Tuesday that the Wildcats’ house sport can be performed Nov. 4.
Northwestern performed Illinois at Wrigley in 2010 within the MLB ballpark’s first faculty soccer sport since 1938, and the Wildcats hosted Purdue there in 2021.
Wrigley Field has an extended historical past of internet hosting soccer video games. The Chicago Bears performed there from 1921 to 1970 earlier than transferring to Soldier Field. The outdated Chicago Cardinals additionally performed at Wrigley, in addition to DePaul till its program folded in 1939.
Northwestern had been scheduled to play Wisconsin at Wrigley in 2020, however the sport was moved to Ryan Field in Evanston due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reporting by The Associated Press.
Top tales from FOX Sports:
- Super Bowl Opening Night: Top moments from Eagles media availability
- Pro Bowl Confidential: 27 gamers choose MVP, most underrated, coaches, different questions
- Tom Brady is the very best factor to occur to the Patriots, whilst he retires a Buc
- Is Chiefs DT Chris Jones the NFL’s most unheralded elite defender?
- Eagles, Chiefs have been finest groups all season, organising an epic Super Bowl
- What drew Sean Payton to the Broncos and why he is good for the job
- Eli Manning to Bradshaw to Brady: Ranking 10 finest Super Bowls ever
- 2023 NFL Draft prospect rankings: 64 finest obtainable gamers
- Signing day report card: Colorado, Oregon, Alabama, Texas shine brilliant
- Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes: Ranking each MLB staff’s possibilities to signal him
- Mavericks, Mark Cuban gamble massive with Kyrie Irving commerce
- Super Bowl 2023 odds: traces for Chiefs Eagles; Philadelphia opens as favourite
Get extra from College Football Follow your favorites to get details about video games, information and extra