Jay Leno suffered burn accidents in a automobile hearth at his Burbank storage over the weekend.
“I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet,” the previous late-night TV host informed The Times in an announcement Monday.
Burbank hearth paramedics have been known as to Leno’s Garage within the 3100 block of North Damon Way for an emergency medical name on Saturday afternoon, stated Battalion Chief David Burke, spokesman for the division.
The hearth crew handled one grownup male and transported the affected person to a neighborhood emergency room, Burke stated.
People first reported on Leno’s “serious medical emergency” after he canceled his Sunday look at a convention in Las Vegas.
TMZ reported Monday morning that Leno had suffered a critical burn damage to his face from a sudden automobile hearth and was being handled at Grossman Burn Center in West Hills. His situation was not launched.
Leno, the previous host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show,” is a classic-car fanatic identified for his intensive vehicle assortment. He can also be identified to repeatedly work on his automobiles in his Burbank storage, the place he shops greater than 160 automobiles and 130 bikes.
He at present hosts the TV sequence “Jay Leno’s Garage,” which streams on Peacock. He additionally used to make common appearances on the Speed Channel’s present “My Classic Car,” the place he would stroll viewers via his assortment and take a few of his collectible automobiles out for a spin.
Leno not too long ago accomplished taping of his revival of the sport present “You Bet Your Life,” which doesn’t resume till June. The incident won’t have an effect on the schedule, in line with an individual aware of the scenario.
Times workers author Stephen Battaglio contributed to this report.