Jay Leno has been discharged from the hospital after sustaining burn accidents in a gasoline fireplace about 9 days in the past.
The former “Tonight Show” host, 72, was discharged from Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles on Monday, the Center introduced in an announcement, together with sharing a photograph of the comic with some members of his care workforce.
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” the hospital mentioned in a press launch. “Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands he received during a fire at his home garage.”
Leno, an avid automotive collector, had been working beneath a car on when he was burned. He has undergone two surgical procedures to deal with his accidents, Dr. Peter Grossman, his doctor, beforehand introduced.
“I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” Grossman mentioned Monday.
“Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes,” the hospital added of their assertion. “He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”